Watching another Legend

Last year I was fortunate to watch Dylan live in London. This year Leonard Cohen goes on tour after 15 years. On 30th of August, I will watch him with my sister in Berlin. His tour includes 2 nights in Istanbul too.

To all who are thinking about going to the concerts, I recommend they see the great documentary/performance/interview movie Leonard Cohen: I Am Your Man. A collage of intimate interviews with the man himself, and performances by names like Jarvis Cocker, Nick Cave, Beth Orton, Rufus Wainwright, and Anthony of the Anthony and the Johnsons, this movie lets the audience put the songs of Cohen in the context of his Weltanschauung.

Here is my favorite part of the movie, Anthony covering If It Be Your Will, which coincides with his time in LA Zen Buddhist monastery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem