How you gonna come, when they kick out your front door?

I suggest Clash on Broadway to everyone. It is a 3 disk collection, filled with all the best songs of The Clash, worth buying. Up to now I was attracted to punk for its

* Simplicity - Especially Ramones
* Wit - Ramones and Sex Pistol
* naiveness - Undertones
* Raw Power - Stooges
* I-don't-give-a-fuck-attitude - Sex Pistols

but not its political tone. Clash has showed me punk can be great while being dead serious about politics, and being more complex than riffs and beats. The Carribean beats spilling out of the bass line is living proof how immigration made London a great town... The song that is an example of this Jamaican flair is The Guns of Brixton that also has very sharp lyrics:

"When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun

When the law break in
How you gonna go?
Shot down on the pavement
Or waiting in death row"

I will post not the original Clash version, because I really want people to buy this great record, but an acoustic cover version by one of my favorite bands of all time Die Toten Hosen:



While surfing youtube, I found this mash-up of Tony Blair singing Should I Stay or Should I go?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem