D10S Existe!



The greatest football player of all time Maradona was honored by the Serbian director Emir Kusturica's Cannes 2008 movie. The news conference after the movie showed once more why Diego is still not only the greatest player of all time, but also the coolest player of all time in football. Here is a summary of what he said:

About Julia Roberts:

"Julia Roberts. I would do anything to see her come along the Croisette. I would cut off my hand for that – even the hand with which I scored against England."


About Pele:

"I promised my daughters that I wouldn't talk about Pele, but well, I can't prevent myself — I regret it for him," Maradona said. "If I hadn't done all the bad things that I've done in my life, Pele would never have been able to come along as No. 2 behind me, because he used to go to bed at 10 o'clock at night, whereas I was still out on the tiles until 5 o'clock in the morning. That's the big difference between us."


About Bush:

"It seems that when you become a well-known figure you aren't allowed to talk about the United States or Bush, there are a lot of subjects that you aren't allowed to talk about anymore. But Emir showed me the respect that every human being deserves. Even if you're a soccer player, you have the right to express your opinions about somebody who's a murderer."


About Being God:
"I don't really feel that I am God. There is one one God and it's not me. People have faith in me, they believe in me as perhaps they believe in God… and I'm not going to contradict them."


He went on to tell an anecdote in which his daughter was very scared after a turbulence in an airplane. A guy in the same plane leaned over his daughter and told her, don't be afraid, God is with us...

There is a hypocritical attitude towards Maradona. Yes he used drugs, yes he was linked with the Neapolitan Camorra due to this. But who is without sin in this world? Afterall he is not promoting these habits, and actively fighting against them. The fact that he has recovered of his addicitions and able to influence youngsters with his political thoughts and football tells much more about him then any movie can ever tell.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem