I myself am both heaven and hell

I listened to this nice story in Death in June/Boyd Rice collobaration "Alarm Agents". Even if Rice is a psycho whose ideas make me wanna throw up most of the times, he has a point in this story:

"An ancient tale is told of how the gods, having stolen from Man his
divinity met in council to discuss where they should hide it. One
suggested that it be carried to the other side of the Earth and
buried. But it was pointed out that some Men are great wanderers
and that they might find the lost treasure on the other side of the
Earth.

Another proposed that it be dropped into the depth of the sea. But
the same fear was expressed; that Man in his insatiable curiosity
might dive deep enough to find it even there.

Finally, after a space of silence, the oldest and wisest of the gods
said, "Hide it in Man himself, 'cause that is the last place he will
ever think to look for it."

I sent my soul to the Invisible, the afterlife to foretell. And
returning it said to me,

"I myself am both heaven and hell. I myself am both heaven and hell."

"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem