No to Gatsby or “I can’t even hear myself think.”

This (http://life.nationalpost.com/2013/05/18/mireille-silcoff-baz-luhrmanns-great-gatsby-and-the-schlock-of-the-new/) is the most fitting review in my opinion of the movie otherwise known as Luhrman's Great Gatsby, or as Mireille Silcoff calls it aptly:

a book which has, over the years, seemed to subtly presage the state of America in a slightly different way every decade; a book which Luhrmann has here reduced to the depth of blingy video game.
For a more respectful homage to F. Scott Fitzgerald and cinema here's The Ballad of a Thin Man from I'm Not There with Cate Blanchete as Dylan:



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem