Talk Nerdy to Me!

I found a new CBS show, which revolves around 2 nerds, and their hot neighbor. I know it all sounds very cliché, but the very fact that a network is doing a show oriented at jut nerds, i mean not just sci-fi fans, but those who are interested in string theory too, is amazing. Until I finish downloading the episodes, I am watching youtube clips, and this one just rocked me off my chair from laughing:



This conversation is my favorite:

Girl: I am a Sagittarius, which probably tells you way more than you need to know...
Nerd: Yes, it tells us that you participate in the mass cultural delusion, that the sun's apparent position relative to some arbitrarily defined constellations at the time of your birth somehow affects your personality!

By the way I cannot keep myself being a nerd and share this idea that I have been entertaining for a while. Can there be a link ,and a Darwinian explanation to this link, between behavioral patterns and the seasons of birth, which may be interpreted as "astrological signs" by some? I can imagine it would be beneficial for the species to have babies which are more "thrifty" if they are born in winter. This is no way an effort to justify astrology. I think it is complete non-sense. This is just another nerdy thought experiment of mine. I'd be interested if you can send me some info about this, if you have it. My few Google searches didn't end up with anything tangible.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem