Karlheinz Stockhausen passed away...



One of the most prominent members of the post WW2 avantgarde classical music scene, Karlheinz Stockhausen (1928-2007) passed away on Friday. He was the composer that got me interested in the exciting world of non-traditional classical music. I would like to pay my tributes to this visionary with one of his most influential compositions, the Helicopter Stringquartet, with the hope that it will inspire others, like it inspired me.



Those interested might try spotting him on one of the most well-known album covers of all time:

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem