Geniuses are weird

It turns out that Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky did not like his epic 1812 Ouverture. Here is what I read in Wiki:

"Meanwhile, Tchaikovsky complained to his patron Nadezhda von Meck that he was "not a concocter of festival pieces," and that the Overture would be "showy and noisy, but [without] artistic merit, because I wrote it without warmth and without love," adding himself to the legion of artists who from time to time have castigated their own work"

I am not sure how should I interpret this. Umberto Eco said once that he does not give a damn about the relation between writer's life and the book itself. I guess I'll stick with that, whatever this Genius said about his piece, I still believe it is brilliant. Perhaps you gotta have the ears of a genius to make such a comment.

The last movement from the overture has long taken its top place in my personal the best fitness music list.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem