Random Music News and the invasion of Last.fm by Occultists

Shouting from Austin, the Texan post-rock group Explosions in the Sky have released a new album titled "All of a Sudden I Miss Everyone" and they are going on a world tour. Pitchfork magazine have released a great review about their last album, and almost stole my feelings about the band:

"While alphabetized post-rock record collections find Explosions in the Sky slotted neatly between Do Make Say Think and Godspeed You Black Emperor!, and although the music is suited to the same contemplative mood, these Texans are more workmanlike than their Canadian peers, more like artisans than artists."

Anyway, if you are interested they have a free mp3 from the album here.

BBC Radio 3's "Tchaikovsky Experience" ended with a great performance of the composer's 1812 Overture at the Imperial War Museum. They are airing the whole performance online until 5th of March here. I was never really into pre-1900's classical music but this performance changed my mind.

Lastly,I was looking for a video of Desaparecidos, Connor Oberst's side project, but found the following home made video of the artist (who goes by the name of Bright Eyes, who was featured on my blog earlier with his great song First Day of My Life)dancing to YMCA. I like him even more now. He looks like a zombie though.



A weird thing happened to me while listening to music today, so it goes with the theme of the post. I am using Last.fm. Basically it's a service that records the music you listen to and generates you a radio of artists you might like according to your taste. Suddenly a speech by Aleister Crowley, the 20th century occultist dubbed the wickedest man alive, appeared on the list of songs I listened. A bad omen, I hope not...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem