Cooking Dostoyevsky


Two of my recent passions are Dostoevsky and food. What a better way to celebrate them, by enjoying them together. That's why I bought the larger book on the left to accompany Crime and Punishment. I will try to cook the dishes mentioned in the book.

The first dish that gets mentioned in the book is boiled beef with horseradish. Or as they call it in the fabulous language of  Russian Otvarnaya govyadina v khrene (link to the recipe).

Did you know that horseradish (acirga or bostan turpu in Turkish) is the same species as Wasabi? I didn't know that. I'm eager to test the recipe...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem