October is the warmest month

"April is the cruelest month, breeding
Lilacs out of the dead land, mixing
Memory and desire, stirring
Dull roots with spring rain.
Winter kept us warm, covering
Earth in forgetful snow, feeding
A little life with dried tubers.
...
Waste Land - T.S. Elliot
"

If April is the cruelest month as Elliot says, then October is the warmest month. I spend the summer days dreaming of winter, and October is the month when I feel the winter coming. The only piece of news that I anticipate the whole year is the news of the first snow fall of the season. This year, I did not have to wait October for it. I can already feel the itch at the bottom of my feet, where my skies belong...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem