Pesto to die for...

Sure, the title is an exaggeration. But the pesto I prepared by experimenting two great recipes by two great cooks comes close. As Marx said, great ideas come out when one takes other great ideas and rub them against each other.

I was never a great fan of Pestos, simply because I ate them in internationalized "Italian" restaurants, where they put a lot of fat, most of which is not olive oil. Not a great option for hot weather like these...

But then I came across Mark Bittman's article (link to the article) about the importance of ingredients rather the method when it comes to Pesto. And it is Basil season, so I thought I might give it a try.

Then I remembered The Wednesday Chef's recipe for oven baked tomato sauce (link to the article). Then I decided to mix them, and the result was great. I don't like bragging about recipes, but I do want every reader of this blog to enjoy this taste.

Since I believe that cooking should be more about experimenting and repeating the essence of recipes over and over again, I will not give a step by step recipe. If I were a poet, I would write the recipe as a poem, but I am not. So I'll try free prose:

Take a fistful of walnuts, roast them shortly in a pan or in the oven, until they're brown. Cut two fistfuls of cherry tomatoes in halve, drizzle it with olive oil salt and pepper. Roast them in the oven until they lose most of their juice. Put two fistfuls of basil, roasted walnuts and tomatoes, one clove of garlic, lots of Parmesan-type of cheese, lots of good olive oil in the food processor and mix. Add some of the cooking water of pasta to dilute -I am assuming you won't be using the pesto as sunscreen or a face mask, which one may really consider doing- and enjoy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem