Leonard Cohen turns 74



My favorite Leonard Cohen album is Death of a Ladies' Man. The position of the apostrophe is key to the title, and makes all the difference. Cohen was never a ladies man, but a man of his ladies. In the 2006 documentary "I'm Your Man" he was asked about his fame as a ladies man. He said:

"Calling me a ladies man is an insult to the thousands of nights I spent alone in my bed."

Everyone should watch this great documentary to gain insight on this great poet of our time.

He turned 74 two days ago. I am so excited, and feel privileged that I will watch this legend live in two weeks. Here is my favorite Cohen song, "Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye"



I'm even more happy now, that this song makes sense to me finally thanks to that someone special.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Balik Hafizali Millet ve Onun Oyunbaz Yöneticileri

Failed Training Day or Previously on Battlestar Galactica

Mixed-Up Confusion: How I solved Mac Book Air's Wireless Disconnection Problem